Caravans & Campers
It is important that your Caravan / Motorhome / RV has a current Electrical Warrant of Fitness renewed every 4 years.
Permanently sited caravans without an up-to-date EWOF may be at risk of attracting fines and are likely to be denied entry into a Motorhome Park.
If at the time of the inspection it is found that repairs are required in order for your Caravan to comply, Electra-Safe is able to provide a repair service in many instances.
As noted on Table 4, page 20 of AS/NZS 3760 2011. In brief, maximum interval between tests:
Any new untagged or out-of-date tagged appliance – before use in any workplace
- Building sites and hire equipment - 3 monthly
- Factories, work areas and cleaning equipment - 6 monthly
- Schools and all other areas not mentioned - 1 yearly
- Residential areas of hotels, motels and
rest homes - 2 yearly
- Some office and protected appliances - 5 yearly
otherwise 1 yearly
All appliances in all workplaces must have a current test tag at all times