0800 WE INSPECT
TESTING AND TAGGING
Whether you're at home or at the workplace, if you or your staff use electrical appliances to get things done, you need to ensure that these appliances are electrically safe to prevent harm and loss of production.
In order to ensure your electrical appliances are reliable and safe, it is important to get them regularly tested by someone who's competent and you can trust.
Electra-Safe have been providing quality electrical testing and tagging to AS/NZS 3760 standard for many years.
With an Electra-Safe test tag on your appliance, you can be confident that the appliance has been thoroughly tested.
Electra-Safe test tags are robust, tear-proof and water-resistant.
So you'll always be able to clearly identify a tagged appliance and test details.
As noted on Table 4, page 20 of AS/NZS 3760 2011. In brief, maximum interval between tests:
- Any new untagged or out-of-date tagged appliance – before use in any workplace
- Building sites and hire equipment - 3 monthly
- Factories, work areas and cleaning equipment - 6 monthly
- Schools and all other areas not mentioned - 1 yearly
- Residential areas of hotels, motels and rest homes - 2 yearly
- Some office and protected appliances - 5 yearly otherwise 1 yearly
All appliances in all workplaces must have a current test tag at all times
1. A visual inspection is carried out to identify any clear issues
2. Electrical testing of appliance to the rigorous standards of AS/NZS 3760 using calibrated test instruments.
3. All appliances passing the test process are tagged for easy identification.